DATES: Friday, July 16 – Monday, July 19, 2021
Global Youth Leadership Summit Virtual 2021 is designed to be a fully immersive event just like the in-person GYLS event. It is important that you block off all day for each of the event days to ensure you are focused and get the most of our GYLS experience! If you are in a different time zone, make sure to prepare for the time difference, so that you are well rested and ready to play full out.
Exact start times are subject to change but approximate event start times are as follows:
Friday, July 16: 7 AM PT | 10 AM ET
Saturday, July 17: 7 AM PT | 10 AM ET
Sunday, July 18: 7 AM PT | 10 AM ET
Monday, July 19: 7 AM PT | 10 AM ET
All times are tentative and subject to change.
Before GYLS Virtual 2021 begins, we’ll be mailing you an event materials box with items that will help elevate your experience! This box will include your event workbook, some materials you’ll need for special activities and items designed to amp up the fun and engagement throughout GYLS!
As you prepare for GYLS Virtual 2021, here’s a quick checklist to help make the most of your fully immersive experience.
- Strong internet access
- A webcam (required)
- Speakers and a microphone and/or a headset
- A comfortable seat
- A space where you can close off noise and distractions
VIRTUAL EVENT REGISTRATION
Your first step in attending GYLS will be your personalized virtual registration process. This is a required and important step that we will be there to support you with. *Mark Your Calendars* Virtual registration will take place Wednesday, July 14 for all participants.
You will receive an email with your personal instructions the morning of Virtual Registration (Wednesday, July 14 ET) that will include a link to complete your registration & tech check. Virtual Registration is a required step to make sure everyone is set and ready to go for Day 1 of GYLS Virtual. You will not be able to access the event without completing this process. Once completed, you will be given access to your personal Event Dashboard – your event hub and where you’ll access the event each day.
Virtual registration will take you approximately 5-10 minutes and includes two quick steps:
- Code of Conduct Agreement
- Tech Check – This is a required part of your registration. Our team will help guide you on how to best interact during the event and make sure your equipment is set up to make the most of your experience. Make sure you complete virtual registration using the device you plan to use during the event.
EVENT ACCESS & DASHBOARD
After completing the GYLS Virtual Registration, you will get access to your Event Dashboard. Your Event Dashboard is where you will access GYLS every day, get important event updates and find additional event resources. You will get the link to your Event Dashboard after you’ve completed virtual registration on Thursday, July 14!
HOW YOU WILL ACCESS THE EVENT “MAIN STAGE” EACH DAY
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Zoom app downloaded on the device you’re using for the event.
- After virtual registration, a button will appear on your Dashboard to join the Main Stage. You will access the event each day using this button.
- You should join from a laptop or desktop. We do not recommend joining from a phone or tablet as this will limit your Zoom features.
- You can log in to your dashboard on up to three devices but you can only join the main room through one device.
- As part of the event, there will be breakout exercises and team activities. Our team will automatically place you into separate breakout rooms for these exercises and activities. If you have joined using a Chromebook or Chrome OS you will be unable to join breakout rooms and miss this required part of the event. It is imperative that you do not use a Chromebook or Chrome OS for this event.
GYLS LEADERSHIP BOX (EVENT MATERIALS)
We are shipping each participant a GYLS Leadership Box with some fun items to keep you engaged throughout the event!
It’s extremely important that you save these items for use during the event. You will receive special instructions in your box for their intended use. The GYLS Leadership Box will be mailed to the address listed on your application.
PRE-EVENT PARENT & GUARDIAN Q&A | RSVP NOW
We will be hosting a Parent & Guardian Q&A on Thursday, July 8 at 7 pm ET. This will be a great opportunity to get your questions answered, learn more about the event, what to expect and more. Open to youth participants and their guardians only. Register in advance for this meeting HERE.
A few rules and guidelines on how to show up and get the most out of your GYLS Virtual 2021 Interactive Experience!
NO RECORDING, LIVE STREAMING OR SOLICITATION. Out of respect to every youth participant, solicitation and recording the event is not allowed. Recording any portion of the event is strictly prohibited, just like it is at an in-person event. Any live recordings will be immediately removed.
STAY ON SCHEDULE. This is not a regular virtual event or webinar. This is a live virtual experience and you are an important part of it. It is imperative that you join us on time, all four days and for all sessions.
BE PRESENT AND REALLY LISTEN. Turn off electronics and make arrangements to minimize distractions.
WEBCAM ETIQUETTE. You are required to have your video on, so we can see you and feel your energy. This will make the virtual experience 10X more fun and valuable for you and for other attendees, too. Double-check your background and be aware of your surroundings.
WHAT TO EAT. There will be breaks in the program but we recommend preparing your food, snacks and water in advance and keeping them close so you don’t miss any of the action. Eating healthy, staying hydrated and getting plenty of rest during GYLS Virtual will allow you to be the best you each day, to absorb as much as possible.
WHAT TO WEAR. You will need to wear your GYLS t-shirt each day provided in your GYLS Leadership Box. This is a tradition and required each day of the event. Do not alter or cut the shirt. Inappropriate and/or revealing clothing will not be permitted.
CONNECT ON THE GYLS FACEBOOK GROUP. Leading up to the event we will invite you to join a special Facebook group created exclusively for participants of GYLS Virtual 2021. We encourage you to use this Facebook group to interact together throughout the event.
BE OPEN MINDED AND LEAD BY EXAMPLE. Respect the opinions and journey of each participant. We are creating a safe space where we can all learn and grow. No bullying will be tolerated. Profanity or offensive language is not allowed. For the safety of all, please do not post or communicate any personal contact information.
If a participant’s behavior is determined by The Tony Robbins Foundation or GYLS Staff to be inappropriate, the participant will be removed from the event immediately.
Throughout the event, our team will be sending important updates and information through:
The Official GYLS Virtual 2021 Telegram Channel:. We highly encourage you to follow the instructions below to download Telegram and join the exclusive GYLS Virtual 2021 event channel. There are no costs for downloading the app! To join, please complete the following steps:
- Download and install the Telegram App on the device you want to use to receive updates throughout the event. The Telegram App is available in The App Store and Google Play store, or you can simply use the links below:
- Enter your name and photo and decide if you want to sync your contacts.
- Once you have downloaded and installed Telegram on your device(s), click HERE to join the GYLS Virtual 2021 group. If you want Telegram on more than one device, you MUST follow these instructions on EVERY device you plan to use. NOTE: You must have completed Steps 1 & 2 for the link below to work – if you have not downloaded the app, you will get an error message when you click on the link.
Get Connected & Join the GYLS Participant Facebook Group: As a way for youth to share and engage with each other during GYLS, we’ve created a private GYLS Virtual Facebook Group. This is ONLY OPEN to GYLS Virtual 2021 registered teens and support staff! Connect with your community and get important details and updates throughout the event. To submit your request, click HERE.
QUESTIONS? Email your GYLS Virtual 2021 team at firstname.lastname@example.org.